FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Stefan Peierls, Co-Founder, Executive Director
5106 SE Powell Blvd.
Portland OR 97206
Local Phone: (503) 912-4241
APRIL 13, 2020 – Portland, OR – Passion Impact is excited to invite high school and college students to join their online Informational Interviews every Monday and Wednesday afternoon from 4-5 PM. Passion Impact serves marginalized students in Portland Public Schools and is opening their tele-programming up to students across Portland. To join, students will need a computer or phone to sign up and to use Zoom.
To date, Passion Impact’s Executive Director, Stefan Peierls has hosted each interview with Adrianna Davis, theHigh School Program Coordinator. Moving forward Kayla Phu, a Franklin High School Junior will be the leading interviewer.
Safety is paramount with Passion Impact, so each of their Zoom calls has a “Bouncer” to manage admittance, muting, and removal of any participant who does not abide by Passion Impact’s expectations. For students who have missed previous interviews, head over to Passion Impact’s Youtube channel to view their recordings.
“It’s my first time ever doing something like this. Getting to interview someone. I’ve always been the one being interviewed. So I’m excited for this!”Kayla Phu, Informational Interviewer, Franklin High School Junior
April Informational Interview Lineup:
• April 1 – Equity and Inclusion Intern – Tamara Lash
• April 6 – English Technical Classroom Assistant call from Madrid, Spain – Nadia Rodela
• April 8 – Agriculture, Farming, Psychology, Nutrition – Catherine Nguyen
• April 13 – Software Engineer (Web Development) – Ben Scheiner & Ben Whitehead
• April 15 – Cultural Youth Services – Bryna Cortes & Ana Mendoza-Cruz
• April 20 – Engineering – Elaine Hung & Lindsay Higa
• April 22 – Law – Yahaira De Lara & Brian Falgiano
• April 27 – Tech, Mechanics, and Business – Dr. Kanika Agrawal
• April 29 – Healthcare/Hospital – Kim Izod & Dr. Marcos Villarreal
ABOUT PASSION IMPACT
Passion Impact engages youth in a lifelong exploration of career development through volunteerism and education! Passion Impact believes in a world where students claim community engagement as a tool of connectivity, curiosity, growth, and joy. Passion Impact is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Portland, OR, working closely with Franklin High School, Portland Community College, and the students that attend both.
For information: https://www.passionimpact.org or
Phone: (503) 912-4241