WHY OUR WORK MATTERS
Gallup Polls reported in The State of the American Workplace that only 33% of the US workforce in engaged at their jobs while PPS High Schools reported a 19% engagement rate for the 2018-19 school year.
The village that Passion Impact fosters engages students holistically by supporting AVID teachers and school staff, prompting parental involvement, and connecting students with the pathway to educational and career success through nonprofit and professional relationship building.
- We supports teachers and staff on the ground level by engaging students in service-learning pedagogy as we connect with AVID curriculum.
- Parents volunteer at events, connect students with their professional networks.
- Students lead programs and gain confidence and skills they use in college, scholarship, and job applications.
We engage youth in a lifelong exploration of career development through volunteerism and education!
We see a world where students claim community engagement as a tool of connectivity, curiosity, growth and joy.
Curiosity – Connections – Growth – Joy
- Incorporated in 2014 by Stefan Peierls and Bradley Burns to engage college students in their communities.
- Began serving High School students in Portland, OR through after school leadership programs.
- Students planned, implemented, and evaluated 11 Volunteer Fairs between 2015 and 2018 with 1000+ students and 60+ nonprofits in attendance.
- Students recommended a shift to monthly volunteer events on campus to be more equitable and accessible to all students.
- Partnered with AVID teachers at Franklin High School to implement monthly workshops around self-awareness, service learning, and career exploration.
- Hired Adrianna Davis to run High School Programs including Internships, Volunteer Event Program, Classroom Workshops, and Service Learning Field tips.
- Transitioned current programming and created teleprogramming in response to COVID-19.
Passion Impact serves marginalized students to engage them in their educational pathways toward chasing passionate careers and overcoming the opportunity gap. Students and their families in our programs hail from Nepal, Vietnam, Mexico, Russia, China, Thailand and more with many of them speaking multiple languages.
All information on this page is acceptable for re-publication with the caveat that the integrity of the referenced information remains intact.
For More Information:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 912-4241